How do Holistic Dentists Reduce Dental Anxiety?
Posted by Seattle Dental Care Sep 10, 2023
How to Reduce Dental Anxiety?
Holistic Dentistry: A Gentle Approach to Patients with Dental Anxiety
Holistic dentistry, also known as natural dentistry, focuses on the overall well-being of the patient rather than just addressing dental issues. Holistic dentists take a comprehensive approach that considers the mind, body, and spirit. When a patient is experiencing dental anxiety, we try to find the root cause of this fear.
Here are a few ways a holistic dentist can help alleviate dental anxiety:
- Patient-Centered Care: Prioritize open communication and collaboration with patients. We listen to your concerns and tailor the dental approach to your needs, helping you regain a sense of control.
- Natural Techniques: Use natural and non-invasive treatments whenever possible, reducing the fear of harsh chemicals or invasive procedures.
- Pain-Free Dentistry: Use pain-free techniques, such as laser dentistry and minimally invasive procedures to ensure a comfortable experience.
- Mind-Body Connection: Recognize the connection between mental and oral health. They may offer relaxation techniques, such as aromatherapy or meditation, to help calm anxious patients.
- Preventive Focus: Emphasizes preventive care, reducing the likelihood of needing extensive dental work and thus reducing anxiety related to complex procedures.
In addition to seeking out a holistic dentist, here are some tips to help you overcome dental anxiety:
Tips for Overcoming Dental Anxiety:
- Blanket: Feel free to bring your own blanket, or ask for one at our office. Staying comfortably warm can help alleviate any nervousness.
- Earphones: We offer earphones that are compatible with all phone models. Enjoying soothing music or sounds of your choice can help redirect your focus away from the dental noises, promoting relaxation.
- Earplugs: Request disposable earplugs to effectively block out sounds, giving you the space to clear your mind of dental-related fears.
- Stress ball: We have a stress ball available in every operatory. The motion of repetitively squeezing the stress ball allows you to release tension and distract your mind from the situation that is causing the anxiety.
- Aromatherapy: Utilize calming scents like lavender, chamomile, peppermint, or eucalyptus to reduce stress. These scents from oils or sprays signal your brain's mood control center, promoting calmness and relaxation.
At Seattle Dental Care, our team of dedicated naturopathic dentists will ensure that you receive relaxing dental care using simple, non toxic, natural dental materials. If you're ready to experience the best biological dentistry, using ozone therapy as part of the standard care, please contact holistic dentist Seattle at (206) 728-1330 or visit us at 2107 Elliott Ave Ste 210, Seattle, WA 98121. We will be happy to help you with your dental needs.