Our practice uses the extreme advanced Laser, Waterlase MD Turbo, which only a few thousand dentists wholdwide have avaiable for their patients. This is the best laser in the world to treat gums and soft tissue problems, as well as an extremely effective way of treating cavities.
Why is Laser Dentistry Different?
Virtually Pain Free: The main causes of pain associated with the traditional dental drills are heat, vibration and pressure. The Waterlase MD Turbo Laser eliminates these causes by using a combination of water and energy, a process called HydroPhotonics, which does not use any heat, vibration or pressure. Most procedures with the Waterlase MD Turbo Laser can be performed without any anesthetic! Additionally, due to the gentle cutting action and coagulating capabilities, the Waterlase MD Turbo Laser reduces bleeding, sweiling and post operative pain which also reduces the need for pain medication in many cases.
Improved Restorations: A Waterlase Dentist can remove tooth decay while leaving the surrounding tooth unaffected. Waterlase cavity preparations can also increase bond strength of tooth-colored restorations resulting in longer lasting fillings.
Extremely Efficient: Because Laser Dentistry requires little to no anesthetic, you may be able to have several restorations done all in one visit instead of returning for multiple visits. In addition, the Waterlase Dentist may be able to perform procedures for which you might have previously required a specialist, saving you the trip!
Procedures that can be performed with a Waterlase MD Turbo include but are not limited to: Tooth, Bone and Gum Procedures, Decay Removal, Cavity Preparation, Smile Design, General Dentistry for Enamel and Dentin, Treatment of Gum Disease.
- Removes areas of infection
- Removes gum disease with great precision
- The laser beam sterilizes as it works
- Disinfects tooth up to 1mm into the enamel
- Biostimulates the tooth, bringing needed blood and oxygen to stimulate healing.
- Anesthetic is not needed as often
- Faster healing time for procedures
- Less bleeding and swelling
- Less noise than the drill, which reduces anxiety
- Less post operative pain, so less pain medication is needed
- Used to remove tooth decay
- Can eliminate a "gummy' smile by gum recontouring
- Helps with tooth sensitivity
Biolase Epic Laser: For Treatment of TMJ, Enhanced Healing, Deep Pocket Therapy
In January 2013, we introduced a new laser to our office called the Biolase Epic. It is a surgical and therapeutic device designed for a wide varitety of oral soft tissue procedures and dental whitening, as well as for use in providing temporary relief of minor pain We use it after procedures to stimulate healing so that there is minimal or no need for pain medication The oral tissues and teeth heal more rapidly and it is part of our prevention plan for avoiding the need for root canals or tooth extractions.
- Whitening: The Biolase Epic is able to perform full-mouth, in-office whitening procedures with an average of 4-6 shades faster than other in-office whitening systems.
- Comfort: This laser delivers very precise micro pulses of diode energy to the tissue, followed by "down" time to allow tissue to respond positively. This reduces discomfort dramatically.
- Soft Tissue Surgery: This new laser is perfect when we need to perform a soft tissue surgery or procedure. It offers the most precise control of tissue cutting and is able to cut soft tissue cleaner, and with more hemostasis. This offers to the patient a more comfortable appointment. It is also able to relieve and cut down on the healing time of aphthous ulcers and herpetic lesions.